Eight Cape Cod Gardens Perfect For Your Wedding
Travel off the beaten path to find picturesque Cape Cod gardens
There are many wonderful places to have a wedding on Cape Cod, from windswept beaches to demure churches to well-respected hotels and inns. However, the Cape also has some gorgeous venues that don't garner as much attention, perhaps because they are not what are commonly thought of when the Cape is brought up. These venues are the lovely and well-sculpted gardens that dot the Cape.
To make these spots a bit less innocuous, here is a list of the best gardens to have your nuptials in!
1. The Giving Tree Gardens, Sandwich: Among the loveliest gardens on Cape Cod is this gem nestled on Route 6A in Sandwich. The gardens all have their own charms, including a meditation-themed garden, lush with bamboo. The paths all lead down to the marsh, and the views are grand. This site is not only for ceremonies but for receptions as well. The property is smaller and so this is a perfect spot for more intimate weddings, up to 50 people. Prospective couples can opt to rent out the house on the property for their reception, or erect a tent.
2. Heritage Museums and Gardens, Sandwich: Perhaps the most famous gardens on the Cape, the Heritage Gardens are a sprawling mass of enchantment, a wonderful place for a fairytale wedding. The area is equipped to accommodate up to 120 guests indoors or 300 outdoors, so no need to trim down the invites. Heritage even has their own event manager and caterer, the Casual Gourmet, with whom couples can work to craft their ideal day.
3. Spohr Gardens, Falmouth: With 6-acres of woodland gardens around Oyster Pond, Spohr Gardens in Falmouth is a true treasure. Wedding guests will be enchanted by the array of flowers, surrounded by the serenity of Cape Cod woods, while the area around the pond is dotted with nautical items collected by Charles Spohr.
4. Cape Cod Lavender Farm, Harwich: With 20 secluded acres overlooking Island Pond, not only is Cape Cod Lavender Farm one of the largest lavender farms in Massachusetts, but it also has plenty of room for a fabulous wedding. While the area is lovely at any time, the lavender is in bloom from June to July, so couples who want a wedding filled with the aroma of lavender should plan to tie the knot during those months. Another plus? The farm offers plenty of wonderful items that can be purchased to give out as wedding favors, including lavender/lemon marmalade, hair and body care products, and scented items such as sachets and candles.
5. Cape Cod Winery, East Falmouth: Not only does this site offer up beautiful scenes in the vineyards, but they also have their own wine available for purchase to be served at the reception. The rustic barn on the property can seat 75+ people, while larger parties can set up a tent on the grounds. This is also a wonderful spot for rehearsals.
6. The Ridge Club, Sandwich: Tucked away in historic Sandwich, the Ridge Club is a country club that exemplifies Cape Cod charm. With lush perennial gardens and a seating capacity of 180, the Ridge Club is a great place to hold a wedding that is truly dream-worthy.
7. Cape Cod Museum of Art, Dennis: Not only is there room to seat 150 guests, but the Cape Cod Museum of Art also has a lovely sculpture garden that is simply delightful. Rental fees include exclusive use of the museum, galleries, garden, and grounds. Events can begin at 5:30 pm and conclude as late as 11 pm.
8. Captain Linnell House, Orleans: Located near Skaket Beach in Orleans, the Captain Linnell House exudes old-time Cape Cod charm. Not only is the beach highly accessible for photographs, but the Gazebo Garden on the grounds is the perfect backdrop for a ceremony. In addition to the lovely gardens, there is also a grand ballroom, seating for 200 people, and an owner/chef who works with couples to create delectable menus.
While beaches are thought of as quintessentially Cape Cod, the gardens of the area are all marvelous and come with the added bonuses of not whipping sand at your guests on windier days! Take the time to find the gardens that capture the joie de vivre that will keep your wedding memorable for years to come. Enjoying the serenity of flowers and greenery is a wonderful way to begin a married life.
You are not logged in. To login or create an account please click here