The town of Bourne has great beaches on both sides of the Cape Cod Canal and they are perfect for a nice relaxing day of sand, sun, and surf during a visit to the Upper Cape. Here are the beaches of Bourne, with the beaches on the peninsula listed first and the beaches on the mainland listed last.
- Barlows Landing Beach, Pocasset. Located right off of Route 28, this beach is right on Pocasset Harbor, and is therefore a good spot to watch the boats coming and going (or to launch your own). There are rock jetties and the water is calm and easy for children. There are no amenities and no lifeguards on duty. A sticker is needed to park here.
- Hen Cove, Pocasset. Located off of Circuit Street, this large beach has a roped off swimming area and is also a nice spot to watch boats. There is a lifeguard on duty here, however, there are no amenities. A sticker is needed to park here.
- Monument Beach, Bourne. Located off of Shore Road, Monument Beach is a large beach and is situated so that it looks out on the Bourne entrance to the Cape Cod Canal, as well as the Monument Beach Marina. This is a great beach for sunbathing and swimming, as well as activities such as windsurfing and volleyball. Due to its location, this is a great beach for boat watching. There are lifeguards on duty, and there are also bathrooms. A sticker is needed to park.
- Gray Gables Beach, Boune. Located off of Gilder Road, this beach is named after the summer home of President Grover Cleveland. This beach is great for sunbathing and a quick dip, especially if you use the basketball net and work up a sweat. There are no amenities and a lifeguard is not present. A sticker is needed to park.
- Electric Avenue Beach, Buzzards Bay. Rock on down to this beach on Electric Avenue and enjoy the view (there is even an electric windmill visible). The water and sand are both lovely and there is a playground for children to have fun on. There are lifeguards on duty, but there are no amenities. A sticker is needed to park.
- Sagamore Beach, Sagamore. Located off of Standish Road, this large beach has absolutely stunning views of Cape Cod. There are rock jetties and lots of rocks in general. The water is nice and calm, which is great for kids. There are lifeguards, but there are no amenities. A sticker is needed to park here.
BLOG | 07/25/2015 - 12:00PM | BY MATILDA BROWN
You don't have to go far up Cape to find beautiful beaches.