Men's Formal Wear Fashion
Tips for Looking Dapper Instead of Drab
It's your big day and for women, it's all about the dress. However, it seems tuxedos get overlooked and that's a shame, given all the fabulous choices for men. Although some men go into their wedding with their ideal tux already picked out, some may be hesitant and unsure of what the right suit will look like (it may not even be a tuxedo!).
So how to pick the right suit? Here are some pointers assembled with help from various men in the know.
1) Don't go for anything overly gaudy. The in-style at the moment is more plain, solids on solids. If you are going to go for something like pinstripes, make them on the thin side.
2) Make sure it fits well. Not too tight and NEVER too loose. Try a size down if you aren't sure what your fit is. Your jacket should be firm (be sure to come into the suit with good posture). Don't leave a lot of room in the arms (if you are having a suit tailored, make sure the arms are trim), and speaking of tailors, make sure the jacket is tapered to your frame.
3) Explore color options. There are plenty of colors other than black (what are you, in mourning?) that can still look presentable (do NOT get something fluorescent or powder blue).
4) Make sure your pants touch the tops of your shoes, but do not let them hang over them. And don't leave a lot of fabric in the bottom of the pants, have them fit well on your legs, you'll look sharper.
5) If you are on the shorter side, avoid a long suit jacket. It makes your legs look shorter. Actually, unless you are built like Zdeno Chara, avoid a long suit jacket. Also, have the sleeves on your jacket end at the wrist. This will clean up your image.
6) It's your wedding, opt for a three-piece suit. Seriously, the vest really classes things up.
7) I feel this should be reiterated once more: get a tailored suit. Don't just pick one out at Men's Wearhouse. This is your wedding day, spring for the expertise.
Other States: Connecticut Maine Massachusetts New Hampshire Rhode Island
You are not logged in. To login or create an account please click here