Nine Cape Cod Courses Perfect "Fore" a Round of Golf
How to spend vacations in Cape Cod
It’s fall on Cape Cod and while the temperature may be getting a bit low for a day on the beach, it is getting just right for a day on the green! The Cape is known for many things and the numerous fairways are among them. If you enjoy putting, driving, and spending a few hours outside, then consider checking out some of these great Cape Cod golf courses.
1. Holly Ridge Golf Club, Sandwich: Not only is Holly Ridge considered one of the best places to play golf by Golf Digest, it is also ranked in the Top 100 in America for practice and learning facilities.
Holly Ridge is a par 54 course that offers instruction, custom club fitting, and more.
Book your tee time online here. The off-season rate for 18-holes (April, October, and November) is $29, while the in-season rate (May through September) is $36. For 9-holes (offered April through November) it is $22. Holly Ridge also has special rates, including their twilight rate (every day after 3pm for up to 18-holes) $22 and their super twilight rate (Saturdays and Sundays after 6pm) $15 for all you can play.
For full rate and special information, click here. Holly Ridge is located at 121 Country Club Road in Sandwich. Their phone number is 508-428-5577.
2. Dennis Highlands and Dennis Pines Golf Courses: These two wonderful public golf courses are both great stops in Dennis.
The Highlands tend to be more forgiving off the tee, although the large, rolling terrain of the greens requires focus and concentration.
The Pines are more of a skill challenge (although all skill levels are welcome).
For tee time bookings, click here. Dennis Pines is located at 50 Golf Course Road in Dennis. Their phone number is 508-385-8347. Dennis Highlands is located at 825 Old Bass River Road in Dennis. Their phone number is 508-385-8347.
3. Twin Brooks Golf Course, Hyannis: With beautiful views year-round, this 18-hole public golf course in Hyannis is a perfect stop for golfers of all ages and skill levels. It takes about 2 or 3 hours to finish a full 18-hole game.
For rates, deals, and tee time booking info, click here. Twin Brooks is located at 35 Scudder Avenue in Hyannis. Their phone number is 508-862-6980.
4. Chequessett Yacht and Country Club, Wellfleet: This 9-hole golf course with two sets of tees for 18-hole play is located in Wellfleet and is a great place to come and hit the links. The course has a unique feel and is a fantastic Cape Cod experience.
5. Cape Cod Country Club, Falmouth: Bordering Coonamessett Pond in Falmouth, Cape Cod Country Club is an 18-hole championship golf course that delights the public and has played host to 3 USGA Massachusetts Opens. Their signature hole is hole 9, a par 3 over the water that is known to be thrilling.
For tee time booking and rate info, click here. Cape Cod Country Club is located at 48 Theatre Drive in Falmouth. Their phone number is 508-563-9842.
6. Ballymeade Country Club, Falmouth: This public club has plenty to offer in addition to golf, but their 18-holes are certainly top-notch. Proper attire is required when playing at Ballymeade (no jeans).
For info about rates and booking tee times, click here. Ballymeade is located at 125 Falmouth Woods Road in Falmouth. Their phone number is 508-540-4005.
7. Sandwich Hollows, Sandwich: This course, open to the public, has breathtaking views of Cape Cod Bay and features unique holes that are isolated from one another. Enjoy the seclusion and beauty of this fabulous golf course.
For information about rates, click here. To book a tee time, call 508-888-3384. The public may reserve tee times up to 3 weeks in advance. Sandwich Hollows is located at 1 Round Hill Road in Sandwich. Their phone number is 508-888-3384.
8. Captains Golf Course, Brewster: This golf facility features two championship golf courses in one great location. The Port Course is the more challenging of the two, while the Starboard Course is a bit easier, favoring those who play with higher handicaps.
9. Falmouth Country Club, Falmouth: The Falmouth Country Club has a total of 27 holes, with a championship 18-hole golf course and a 9-hole par 37 “talon” course.
For information about rates and tee times, click here. Falmouth Country Club is located at 630 Carriage Shop Road in Falmouth. Their phone number is 508-548-3211.
So don’t lament the end of summer and instead enjoy the crisp air and cool weather, perfect for playing golf!
ARTICLE | 09/24/2014 - 10:00AM | BY MATILDA BROWN
Make it Dennis for a day of golf--perfect with two courses to choose from. Dennis Golf photo.
You are not logged in. To login or create an account please click here