Five Stunning Settings for Your Outer Cape Wedding
Escape to the Outer Cape for a beautiful wedding or reception
The Outer Cape is an area that holds its own rural charm, with small towns and plenty of natural beauty. There is a truly laid back atmosphere to the end of Cape Cod that is hard to capture anywhere else. So where are the best spots to get hitched on the Outer Cape? Here are some reception site suggestions!
1. Truro Heights Outer Reach Resort, Truro: Nestled on a bluff, this resort has amazing views of Cape Cod Bay, Provincetown, and Provincetown Harbor. This great location can seat up to 120 people, making it the perfect spot for a large wedding or even rehearsal dinner.
There is also a large deck outside, giving guests options to mingle inside or outside (who doesn't want to enjoy some of the salty Cape Cod air?).
2. Chequessett Yacht and Country Club, Wellfleet: While their golf courses and tennis courts make for a great place for a bachelor or bachelorette party, the elegant, yet laid back boathouse and clubhouse both make for wonderful receptions!
The clubhouse overlooks the ninth hole and also has a bank of picture windows that offer phenomenal views of Cape Cod Bay. The boathouse is a more casual setting that offers gorgeous water views from its large deck.
Chequessett offers seating for up to 160 guests in the clubhouse and 125 in the boathouse and their season runs from May to November.
Many couples consider Chequessett to be truly emblematic of a "Cape-style" wedding. CYCC also offers couples assistance with planning, using their contacts in the community to help couples find caterers, music, flowers, fresh seafood, and more! CYCC also offers an extensive wine list that can accommodate any budget.
3. Wellfleet Preservation Hall, Wellfleet: Looking for a location on the Outer Cape that is spacious, lovely, and historical? Then consider holding your reception at the Wellfleet Preservation Hall! The structure went up in 1912, but it has been renovated recently, mixing the modern with the historic. Many of the unique features have been preserved, while conveniences such as air conditioning have been installed.
Fitting right in with the typical description of Wellfleet as the "art gallery town," there is plenty of lovely art in and out of the building, adding to the charm of the hall itself as well as its garden and grounds.
There is plenty of outdoor space (perfect for weddings in season and during the shoulder season), while the indoors is inviting and great for a wedding during the winter (the Wellfleet Preservation Hall is open year-round). There is space indoors for up to 150 guests, while more can be accommodated outside.
Another plus? The Wellfleet Preservation Hall has ties to various caterers in the area, so if you need a suggestion, they can gladly help you out.
4. Provincetown Inn Seaside Resort, Provincetown: This venue offers views unlike any other on Cape Cod. Located at the very tip of the Cape and surrounded by water on three sides, this is the location if you are looking for a waterfront wedding on the Outer Cape. They even have a pool (great if you are interested in throwing a pool party reception).
The Provincetown Inn Seaside Resort can accommodate waterfront ceremonies and receptions (both indoors and outdoors).
5. Pilgrim Monument and Provincetown Museum, Provincetown: This location combines the history of Cape Cod with fabulous views of Provincetown and the harbor. Up to 175 guests can be accommodated at this marvelous location. The season runs May through October and there are two separate areas to set-up tents: the east lawn, which accommodates 100 or fewer guests and is a bit more secluded, and the west lawn, which is larger and can accommodate more guests.
You are not logged in. To login or create an account please click here