Seven Sure Ways to Make Your Cape Cod Valentine's Day Romantic
If you will be on Cape Cod for Valentine’s Day and are wondering what to do, fear not, there are many great things to do with your significant other on this romantic day. Here are some ways to spend February 14th on Cape Cod!
1. Wine and Dine. While the quiet season on Cape Cod is typically a great time to go out to eat because there aren’t long waits, Valentine’s Day is certainly an exception. If you are planning on going out to eat, be sure to make a reservation!
If you are going out to eat on Valentine’s Day, there are plenty of options available on Cape Cod. For folks looking to go out on the town on the Outer Cape, some great spots to consider are Ciro and Sal's in Provincetown which serves up Northern Italian Cuisine in an intimate brick wine cellar, the Mews in Provincetown which has great food and an extensive selection of vodkas for some creative drinks, or Montano’s in Truro which has pasta that is made in-house and cooked to order.
For prospective diners on the Lower Cape, some restaurants to consider are Mahoney’s in Orleans which has great food and a lovely atmosphere, the Bramble Inn in Brewster which will have a four-course menu available with several options for each course for $65 a person, the Captain Linnell House in Orleans which is known for their high-class dining, the Brewster Fish House in Brewster which is a popular dining spot year-round, Buca’s in Harwich which serves up delectable Tuscan-inspired cuisine, Del Mar in Harwich which has fantastic food and an even better ambiance, the Wequassett Inn which has several dining options (click here to view them), or the Chatham Bars Inn in Chatham which also has several dining options (click here to view them).
For people looking to go out for a dinner date on the Mid Cape, there are many options available.
Scargo Café in Dennis has fantastic food and is right on Route 6A, near beaches and the Cape Cinema. The Oyster Company is right off of Route 28 in Dennisport and they offer up terrific dishes in a great atmosphere. The Naked Oyster in Hyannis is right off of Main Street, so you can enjoy a dining experience and stroll among the great stores! Bleu in the Mashpee Commons is a must if you enjoy French cuisine with a contemporary American twist. If you want to go out for steaks that have been cooked to perfection, consider Oak and Ember in Mashpee, which is not only a fabulous steakhouse, but a phenomenal whiskey bar as well.
If you will be going out on the Upper Cape, the Belfry Inn and Bistro in Sandwich is well-known for their intimate dinners for two and they have piano music on the weekends. The Glass Onion in Falmouth has a unique menu that is enticing and delightful. If you are in the mood for something a bit spicier, consider going to the Anejo Restaurant and Tequila Bar in Falmouth for tasty food and libations. The Villagio at the Regatta in Falmouth will be having a special Valentine’s weekend on the 13th, 14th and 15th!
2. A Day at the Spa. Relax with the one you love with a couples massage and some R&R at a Cape Cod spa.
The Chatham Bars Inn has a luxurious spa on the premises. If you really want to step it up, consider booking one of their spa suites for a night of pampered enjoyment.
The Cape Codder Resort in Hyannis also has a lovely spa and they have package deals available if you want to make special treatment in their spa part of your trip to the Cape.
The Shui Spa in Provincetown is great if you will be spending Valentine’s Day on the tip of Cape Cod. Reservations are strongly recommended and there are packages offered through the Crowne Pointe Inn.
3. Theatre. While the Cape’s vibrant theatre scene isn’t as lively in the winter, there are still shows going on! The Game’s Afoot is a comedy/mystery that is showing at the Academy of Performing Arts in Orleans until February 15.
If you aren’t in the mood for a live production, the Cape Cinema in Dennis is a great place to catch a movie that you won’t find in theatre’s elsewhere.
4. Cape Symphony. If you want to take in a great musical production, the Cape Symphony will be hosting the Annie Moses Band on the 14th and 15th of February. This wonderful show crosses genres, ranging from jazz to classical to country to folk. To purchase tickets, click here.
5. Ryan Rotors Helicopter Tour. Looking for something different for Valentine’s Day? Consider taking a helicopter ride for two over the Cape with Ryan Rotors. This is a great way to say “I love you” and see the Cape from a different perspective!
6. Art Galleries. If you and your partner are art lovers, consider visiting one of the many art galleries on Cape Cod to see the inspired work of local artists.
7. Beach Stroll. If you don’t mind bundling up, consider taking a stroll hand in hand (with gloves on of course) on one of the many beautiful beaches on Cape Cod.
ARTICLE | 02/09/2015 - 12:00PM | BY MATILDA BROWN
It doesn't get much more romantic than a couples massage at the Beach Plum Spa & Med-Spa at the Cape Codder Resort in Hyannis. Photo courtesy of Cape Codder Resort.
You are not logged in. To login or create an account please click here