A Dozen Fun Things to Do on Your Cape Cod Honeymoon
Cape Cod offers relaxing getaways and exhilarating adventures for the perfect honeymoon
If you are getting married on Cape Cod and then honeymooning here, or simply planning a romantic honeymoon stateside on the sandy shores of the Cape, you will probably have found the best accommodations possible. However, you may not know which activities you might want to try (if any at all). Here are some of the best activities to try out while honeymooning on Cape Cod!
1. Get a couples massage. There are several wonderful places to take in a massage and/or spa treatment on Cape Cod and after all the stress of a wedding, who doesn't need a little pampering? The Beach Plum Med Spa has locations at the John Carver Inn, the Dan'l Webster Inn, and the Cape Codder Resort. If you are honeymooning at any of those locations, then you need not even leave your hotel to enjoy the spa services which include massages, spa packages, a romance package, and more!
The Bellezza Salon Medspa in Falmouth also does massages if you don't want to spring for a whole package.
Studio 137 in Falmouth is another great spot that has massage services available.
The Chatham Bars Inn is another hotel that has a spa which will pamper you and your new spouse. The CBI also offer many different activities for guests that are listed throughout this article, including whale watching, sailing, golf, biking, boating, and various leisure activities.
2. Skydiving. You already took the metaphorical plunge, so why not take a real one? Skydive Barnstable offers a chance to get a really unique view of Cape Cod. This is perfect for couples who love a bit of adrenaline!
3. Take a helicopter tour. For couples hoping to catch an aerial view of Cape Cod without the added risk of plunging towards Earth, Ryan Rotors offers wonderful helicopter tours that are perfect for a two-some. Click the above link for more information about the available tours.
4. Go kayaking. Whether you want to explore the various inlets of the Cape or hit the open water, kayaking is a great way to spend a day. Some of the places that let out kayaks and even offer guided tours are Cape Kayaking (Eastham), Bass River Cruises and Kayaks (Dennis), Cape Cod Kayak (Pocasset), Rideaway Kayak (Sandwich), Goose Hummock (Orleans), Great Marsh Kayak Tours (Barnstable), and the Rail Trail Bike and Kayak Shop (Brewster).
5. Take sailing lessons. If you are already experienced at sailing, consider renting a sailboat, but otherwise, your honeymoon can be a great time to learn a new hobby such as sailing. It will be something you and your spouse can share for years to come (and the memory of how you learned will be something to treasure). Some of the places you can go to rent or take lessons are Cape Sail (Harwich), Outer Cape Sailing (Wellfleet), Buzzards Sailing School (Pocasset), and Chequessett Yacht and Country Club (Wellfleet).
6. Take in a show. With many well-established theaters, Cape Cod has no shortage of wonderful shows that can be watched, whether you are into musicals, comedies, or more dramatic compositions.
7. Explore the Main Street of the town you're staying in. Cape towns have vibrant Main Streets. The Main Streets of Cape Cod not only have fantastic local shops, but they also feature great restaurants. Explore the Main Street of the town you are staying in for a leisurely day and take advantage of holding hands as a newly married couple, then hit up one of the many wonderful restaurants for a complete outing!
8. Tour a local brewery, winery, or distillery. For some adult fun, check out one of the libation-producing hotspots of Cape Cod.
9. Hit the beach. If you just want to relax, then go for an old Cape staple and spend the day soaking up rays in the sun!
10. Take a day trip to one of the Islands. The Islands have their own distinct charm and couples will do well to check it out. You can travel with the Steamship Authority or Hyline Cruises. Visit the Martha's Vineyard Chamber of Commerce website or the Nantucket Chamber of Commerce website to help plan your trip.
11. Check out an art gallery. The Cape has a lively and vivacious art scene, so if you are into sculpture, painting, or some other medium, be sure to visit one of the many great galleries that Cape has to offer.
12. Go for a whale watch. Spending time on the high seas can be quite exhilarating, so take in a whale watch while you are on your honeymoon. It will be sure to liven up your trip!
You are not logged in. To login or create an account please click here